You are eligible for a TEEN Road test if you:
1.) are age 16 to 18.
2.) have completed driver education BOTH phases including:
- classroom in person with a driving school or online
- behind the wheel instruction with a driving school or approved parent taught program
Items You Need:
You can test if you have the following items: (Click on the links below for more information.)
1.) Your permit (DPS has temporarily waived the expiration date if your permit expired after March 15) plastic or paper copy.
- The receipt will not work. It is marked receipt
- for ages 16 to 17 years-10 months found at https://www.dps.texas.gov/internetforms/Forms/DL-14B.pdf
- for ages 17 years-10 months and older found at https://www.dps.texas.gov/internetforms/Forms/DL-14A.pdf
4.) Impact Texas Teen Drivers Certificate that you get by viewing a two-hour video course AFTER you have completed all driver education requirements.
- CLICK HERE if you need to view the Impact video or get information.
- To see what this certificate looks like, CLICK HERE
- If you completed a parent taught program, CLICK HERE for instructions on filling out the certificate.
- If you transferred between programs or driving schools during your driver education, CLICK HERE
- You WILL NOT be allowed in without a mask. Click here to see mask details
*Because of how you guys are attending school at this time, DPS has waived the VOE requirement. You will NOT need a VOE at this time*
1.) Make your appointment and pay for your road test at the blue floating button below. If you don't see any openings, check back in a couple of days.
2.) Collect all of the items listed above.
3.) If you have questions about your paperwork, take pictures or scan and send (text) to us at 512-829-7277, and we can give you feedback.
4.) Watch our videos that show you what to expect during your road test:
- DPS Road Test scoring CLICK HERE
- Parallel parking demonstration in our car and our actual parallel parking spot CLICK HERE
- Open the door and let us know you have arrived.
- We will take your paperwork and review it.
- We may screen you for health concerns and check your temperature.
- Please let us know if your parent has any questions. We want them to stay in their car, but we can go to them to answer questions.
7.) We finish up your paperwork, seal your documents and $10 check in an envelope addressed to DPS.
8.) You apply postage and mail the envelope to receive your official license in the mail.
You also have the option of waiting until DPS opens again and appointments are available, starting May 29, 2020.
9.) Go here to check the status of your license with DPS: https://www.dps.texas.gov/DriverLicense/DLSearch/DLStatus.aspx