You are eligible for a TEEN Road test if you:
1.) are age 16 to 18.
2.) have completed driver education ALL phases including:
- classroom in person with a driving school or online
- behind the wheel instruction with a driving school or approved parent taught program
- 30 additional hours of practice
Items You Need:
You can test if you have the following items: (Click on the links below for more information.)
1.) Your permit (DPS has temporarily waived the expiration date if your permit expired after March 15) - plastic or paper copy.
- The receipt will not work. It is marked "Receipt."
3.) Driver Education Course Completion Certificate (DE-964), completed and signed.
- To see what this certificate looks like, CLICK HERE
- If you completed a parent taught program, CLICK HERE for instructions on filling out the certificate.
- If you transferred between programs or driving schools during your driver education, CLICK HERE
- CLICK HERE if you need to view the Impact video or get information.
- You WILL NOT be allowed in without a mask. Click here to see mask details.
1.) Make your appointment and pay for your Road Test at the blue floating button below.
- We open appointments two weeks out so if you don't see any openings, check back around two weeks before your preferred date.
3.) Collect all of the items listed above.
- If you have questions about your paperwork, take pictures or scan and send (text) to us at 512-829-7277, and we can give you feedback.
- DPS Road Test scoring CLICK HERE
- Parallel parking demonstration in our car and our actual parallel parking spot CLICK HERE
- Open the door and let us know you have arrived.
- We will take your paperwork and review it.
- We may screen you for health concerns and check your temperature.
- Please let us know if your parent has any questions. We want them to stay in their car, but we can go to them to answer questions.
- vehicles are cleaned between appointments
- vehicles are equipped with driver education instruction safety features
- Honda Accord and Kia Soul
8.) DPS will request a current Verification of Enrollment (VOE).
9.) Have your paperwork processed at any DPS location in Texas. Take with you a completed application and $11 check or money order.
- application for ages 16 to 17 years-10 months found at https://www.dps.texas.gov/internetforms/Forms/DL-14B.pdf
- application for ages 17 years-10 months and older found at https://www.dps.texas.gov/internetforms/Forms/DL-14A.pdf