Take your road skills test at Wilco Driving School.
We offer testing options for teens and adults. All options include a short check ride to get familiar with our vehicle before the test starts. You can upgrade to a 45-minute lesson to review your skills with an instructor before your test.
You are eligible for a TEEN Road test if you:
- are age 16 to 18
- completed driver education, including classroom and behind-the-wheel (with a driving school or approved parent-taught program)
- completed 30 additional hours of practice
- held a valid Texas Learner's License (permit) for six months or longer
You are eligible for an ADULT Road test if you:
- are age 18 or older
- have a Texas Learner's License (permit) or Texas Restricted License
- completed a 6-hour adult driver education course (only required for ages of 18-25)
What to Bring to Your Road Test
- Your permit (plastic or paper copy -- receipts not accepted)
- Impact Texas Video Certificate
If you have completed a teen course, you will need the following:
- Driver's Education Certificate (DE-964) or Parent Taught Certificate (PT-964)
- Verification of Enrollment (VOE) from high school attending or proof of homeschooling
- 30-Hour Driving Log
If you have completed an adult course (required for ages 18-25), you will need the following:
Students test in our vehicle with our DPS-approved instructor. You get a short check ride to familiarize yourself with our vehicle before the test starts. During this check ride, your instructor may provide feedback on skills you may need to demonstrate during the road test. You also have the option to take a 45-minute lesson before the road test for an additional fee.
After the check ride or lesson, the student is directed to the test route, and skills are evaluated by our DPS-approved examiners. Following the test, all paperwork is checked for accuracy and bundled up for your change appointment at DPS.
If you don't pass, you get two more chances at no additional charge. You can only complete one test per day. There are no refunds for lessons or road tests.
- Road Test with Check Ride (30 Mins Total) 3 Attempts • $130
- Road Test with Driving Lesson (1 Hour Total) 3 Attempts • $295